Although my driving skills may be a little bit rusty having been much more of a passenger over the past decade, before heading off to another faraway land, I’m thinking it’s time to hit the open road. What better way to enjoy the Labor Day Weekend Holiday than a good old fashioned Road Trip.
Partying it up in Atlantic City? Wine country and the great outdoors in the New York Finger Lakes? Beaching it with friends in the Outer Banks or a little Cultural Family Time in Williamsburg….I’m there! The only question now, what to drive?
Girls Trip / Guys Trip to Atlantic City – The Jeep Road Trip
* Kick off your Labor Day Weekend right with a Friday night concert of Journey, performing at Caesars and keep the party going straight through Sunday via resident DJ Pauly D’s “End of Summer Blowout” at The Pool After Dark.
* Fill up on gourmet bites at top rated restaurants Izakaya, Village Whiskey and Il Mulino before trying your luck at a little gaming.
* Have some fun in the sand at some of AC’s top beach bars, or even driving your 4 wheel drive vehicle right onto the beach in Brigantine.
* Pre party with a different perspective via Atlantic City Cruises daily Happy Hour Cruise.
* Although many casinos are already sold out, there are still deals available via Trivago.com offering luxury at The Borgata for $450 / night and the Courtyard by Marriott for under $280.
* Packing Tip – A great pair of sunglasses are a must for beating the glare of the drive, hitting the daytime beach bars and helping you maintain your game face at the poker table. His & Hers Warby Parker shades – $95. Keep hydrated with a Brita filtered water bottle.
Couples Trip – NY Finger Lakes Wine Region – The Convertible VW Eos Road Trip
* Over 100 area wineries to explore, situated on picturesque lakes. Pack a picnic, linger over some great wine and enjoy the view!
* Take in the great outdoors by sailing at Seneca Lake, hiking at Watkins Glen State Park followed by a dip in a secluded waterfall or a sunrise hot air ballooning flight.
* Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel offers Romantic Package including champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, roses, deluxe accommodations and complimentary tastings to local wineries, or cozy up at one of the many intimate B&Bs to spark the flame.
* Packing Tip – Pack a collapsible “Picnic Time Metro Insulated Basket” with road trip / wine country friendly snacks – Dukan Oat Bran Biscuits, Babybel cheeses, Jack Links handcrafted small batch beef jerky. All filling & non messy snacks that are great for the drive and pair well with wine upon arrival. Celebrate your arrival with a premade bottle of CIROC Peach Sangria in a leak proof Swing Top Bottle
Group of Friends / Big Family Gathering– The Outer Banks, NC – The Nissan Armada Road Trip
* The Outer Banks have always been that idyllic, relaxed beach setting for large families and groups of friends, perfect for that Labor Day Weekend reunion.
* Enjoy the best of the beach and nature by hang gliding from the dunes of Nags Head, horse back riding on the beach or partaking in limitless watersports.
* Typically The Outer Banks can be really pricy for holiday weekends, but pack everyone in to one of the many “Oversized Beachouses” that dot the coast line and your in for a 72 hour reunion. Right now on HomeAway.com you can still find great beach house rentals for around $2000 for the entire week that sleep up to 14 people and of course many smaller condos as well.
- Packing Tip – Don’t forget your Board Game Beach Towels, Rubbs bracelets to create team unity and Xmini portable capsule speakers to keep the weekend reunion lively…Beachside Twister anyone?
Family Trip – Greater Williamburg, VA – The Subaru Crosstrek Road Trip
* It’s easy to experience it all as a family when Kids Stay, Play and Eat free at the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel, starting at $159 / night based on a family of 4 and 4 night minimum stay. Kids golf free at the Golden Horshoe Golf Club, play tennis for fee at the Williamburg Inn Tennis Club and receive free tickets to enjoy the Revolutionary City and art museums, all while enjoying free breakfast at the hotel daily and free dinner when ordering off the childrens menu at a variety of local restaurants.
* For shorter stays, the historic Powhatan Resort starts at $111
Packing Tips: Keep your sanity by entertaining the kids with The License Plate Game and Road Trip Bingo available in retro board game format and digital apps. Maintain your comfort while driving or sight seeing with wool lined Uggs Driving Loafers for the whole family. Moms & Daughters have a laugh at the most famous Road Trip words of all time “Are We There Yet” with the new OPI nail lacquer colored manicures.
Fill up the tank and meet me there! Here’s a peek at what’s going into my trunk: