Inspired by the Desert Dune Dinner at Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa and the amazing Arabic flavors and setting at Amaseena at the Ritz Carlton Dubai, I’ve put together a desert picnic full of sweets, celebrating Dubai’s bedouin history and adding lavish touches like the modern day city.
CIROC Martini Madre
1 oz CIROC Amaretto
1 oz Cranberry Juice
.5 oz Triple Sec
.25 oz Honey Syrup
.5 oz Lemon Juice
*Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice
*Shake well then strain into martini glass garnished with a twist of lemon
Chef Rami Almaket of The Ritz Carlton Dubai’s Oum Ali (Arabic Bread Pudding)
1,000 g milk
150g rose water
500 g croissant
400 g cream (soft whipped)
- Cut the 1 day old croissant into large pieces.
- Heat the milk, sugar and rose water
- Add in the croissants to the milk mixture and stir gradually, letting the croissant to soak up the milk.
- Place the mixture in baking dish
- Whip the cream to soft peak and spread evenly on top of the mixture.
- Place in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius and bake until the cream turns golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.