It’s been a busy past few months for this Gypsy, but one of the things that’s always kept me going at this steady pace are my playlists that I create from the special songs that bring back memories from my travels and the people I meet along the way. Although I’ll always be a bit of shopper and a fashionista, encountering great music finds from every corner of the world, or just that global pop hit that you hear EVERYWHERE is a fantastic and long lasting way to remember the journey, while not adding any weight to my baggage!
The summer has always been about those “Party All Night Long Anthems”, so in honor of my many nights spent partying and dancing this season, from Miami to Antalya, Barcelona, to Ibiza, Madrid to Lisbon, and of course not forgetting Riviera Maya, Boston, New York and DC, well, let’s just say, that my shoes may be a little more worn, but the beat continues in my heart.
In an effort to reminisce of this season’s fun, here’s the Top 10 list of my Summer Anthems that I’ll now be listening to year round, whether in airports, spinning classes or just playing as background music with friends in my home, all the while, stifling that huge grin that each song brings to my face.
10. Day by Day – T-ara – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubg4wW6JXVk
9. Get Lucky – Daft Punk (feat. Pharrel Williams) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9BBgBmJ9U
8. The Other Side – Jason Derulo – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byp94CCWKSI
7. La La La – Naughty Boy (feat. Sam Smith) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O1_3zBUKM8
6. No Eyes – Claptone (feat. Jaw) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTafmJNBZr0
5. Turn Around – Conor Mayard (feat. NE-YO) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwP6U0LRzQM
4. Boneless – Steve Aoki, Chris Lake & Tujamo – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2p4G3CUrI
3. Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke (feat. TI and Pharrel Williams) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDUC1LUXSU
2. Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zNSgSzhBfM
1. Wake Me Up – Avicii – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcrbM1l_BoI
And of course I’m not giving up on summer 2013 fun quite yet. Although the official end of the season has passed on the calendar, the weather is still beautiful here in Spain for at least a couple more weeks, so I’ll be going out with a bang, hitting up the closing parties at the Wet Deck at the W Barcelona, Sunday, Sept. 29th, then for one final weekend of open air, electronic music bliss, hitting up Ibiza for the Ushuaia closing party all afternoon, into night, Saturday, Oct. 5th, followed by the Sunday Oct. 6th chill out beach party aka…best hang over cure in the world The Blue Marlin in Cala Jondal.
Yup!!! There will be no church on these Sundays for this sinner…well, not like I ever go anyways!