This Gypsy’s Spontaneous South by Southwest Trip
Having just been wooed by Austin’s quirky, creative and one of a kind shopping, dining, music and nightlife scene, I’ve been itching to get back literally since I stepped on the plane to depart.
Now, a mere 5 days post departure, I’m cultivating my hit list, RSVPing to a myriad of cultural, musical and interactive events and dusting off my drinking boots as I’m heading back to Austin tomorrow for South By Southwest!!!!
Although I’m just starting my RSVPs now, fashionably late would be an understatement, fingers crossed that I’ll be able to squeeze my way into these top SxSW choices.
10. Pandora Discovery Den – Mar 12 – 15th at The Gatsby – Albert Hammond Jr., Bleachers and Black Lips to name a few of my select acts, but this internet radio giant boast the most musical diversity at SxSW.
9. Waterloo Records– Mar 12 – 15th at 600 N Lamar Blvd. – A Great Big World and Aloe Blacc to satisfy to hits cravings and a whole slew of others to turn me into their next groupie!
8. Outdoor Stage at Butler Park – Mar 13 – 15th at 1000 W Riverside Dr. – Definitely a sundown must with the amazing Austin skyline views in the background and headlining acts like Foster The People.
7. SxSW Startup Crawl– Mar 8th at the Omni Downtown – Popping in and out of many of Austin’s top start ups and sampling their hosted beverages? This gives a whole new meaning to a computer geek’s wet dream!
6. Fader Fort presented by Converse – Mar 12-15th – One of SxSW’s premiere live music events featuring The Orwells, Jeremih, Isaiah Rashad and many to be announced.
5. Rachael Ray’s Feedback Party – Sat. Mar. 15th at Stubbs BBQ – Featuring performances from Ceelo Green, Blondie and Green Day!
4. Hype Machine’s Hype Hotel – Mar 11– 15th at 505 East 7th St – Tokyo Police Club! Enough Said!
3. Sparefoot Party – Mar 7th at the Scoot Inn – Who knew it was considered “networking” in the tech world if you were in the middle of an epic DJ dance scene?
2. Spotify House – Mar 10 – 14th at 901 and 917 E 6th St. – “Tunes, tech and good times all day long”… I’m there!
1. SxSW Interactive Closing Party by Media Temple – Mar 11th at Stubbs BBQ – Hosted by Media Temple and celebrating 30 years of Def Jam – Love me some Old School Hip Hop!
Ok, Ok, truth be told, there is just one more party that I’m ABSOLUTELY DYING TO ATTEND!!! I’ll let this photo be my little hint, so click through to see the goods! Willie…I’m on my way!!!
Stay tuned via JetsetterGypsy on Facebook and Twitter to see if I actually make my way in to all of these events + live SxSW pics and commentary along the way. I may have missed the official RSVP dates for some, but what can I say, better fashionably late than never, right?